Tar is a village in the central western part of Istria, above the confluence point of the Mirna River into the sea. Chief occupations are farming and livestock breeding. Tar is located on the regional road Novigrad - Porec. In the vicinity of Tar is the Lanterna peninsula, rich in Mediterranean vegetation, with a tourist village. Apart from various forms of accommodation (hotels, apartments, rooms, campsites) and well-maintained beaches, many sports opportunities are offered (tennis, table tennis, miniature golf, beach volleyball, horseback riding, windsurfing, yachting, water skiing, diving).
The first information about village are from the end of 10th century. The vicarage church of St. Martin from year 1804 is located on the place of the gone Gothic church.